I was biking home from school one day
有一天,我骑着自行车回家
and the ice cream truck is where it normally is
发现冰淇淋车停在惯常停车的地方
and I always go and get an ice cream,
这种时候,我总要过去,买一只冰淇淋
but I was worried that something was wrong
但我很快紧张起来,出了什么事
when I saw a huge line of people waiting in line
我发现车前的人排成了长龙
and the man wasn't serving anyone.
卖冰淇淋的人不在那里
I went and had a closer look
我走到近处一看
and I saw that the man had fainted inside of the van.
我发现卖冰淇淋的人在车里晕倒了
I didn't know what to do
我不知道自己应该做什么
but I remembered my first aid training
但我想起了自己受过的急救培训
so I approached the truck
于是我走到车旁
and told him that I was a first aider
告诉他,我是一个急救人员
and I asked him if I could help.
我问他自己可以帮助他吗
He was conscious
他意识清醒
and replied with yes.
回答说可以
I assumed that
我推断
it was the hot weather that had done this to the man
是炎热的天气让这个男人出现了身体不适
as it is not normally hot
往年这个时候天气并不热
but it was that day
今天却是个特例.
He looked pretty de-hydrated
他看起来有严重的脱水
so I grabbed one of the drinks from his truck
于是我抓起他车里的一瓶水
and I went inside of the van
跳上车
and gave it to him.
把水递给他
I stayed in the area for about an hour
我在那里呆了大概一个小时
to make sure all had been sorted
确定一切都恢复正常
and from what I saw,
从我所见的迹象来看
the man was back on his feet
男人已经恢复过来,能够自主站立
and ready to make more ice creams
准备做更多的冰淇淋了